American think-tank tries to intimidate SEATCA
On April 21, SEATCA received a letter from Dr. Gary Johns, on behalf of his client, the International Tax and Investment Center (ITIC) which is based in Washington D.C., which is supported by over 100 corporations including the top four transnational tobacco companies.
The letter is riddled with false accusations against SEATCA, mischaracterizations of fact and law, disparaging comments about the World Health Organization, the Framework Convention Secretariat and the Parties to the FCTC. We have decided to publish an open letter in response.
You can support SEATCA
If you agree with SEATCA in the position we have taken, please send us a short statement of support to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to the following organizations for sending their statements of support:
• Framework Convention Alliance
• Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
• National Commission for Tobacco Control-Indonesia
• ASH US
• Healis – Sekhsaria Institute for Public Health
• Japan Society for Tobacco Control
• Comité National Contre le Tabagisme
• Thammasat University, Thailand
• African Tobacco Control Alliance
SEATCA joint press statement with HealthJustice Philippines and New Vois Association of the Philippines on stopping ITIC’s Tax Forum in Jakarta, Indonesia!